education & Volunteer Programs
We facilitate free, hands-on educational workshops that equip participants with the knowledge, skills, and resources to:
- Understand our current food system and ways to improve it.
- Grow their own food using sustainable practices.
- Harvest and use fresh produce to create simple, nutritious meals.
- Reduce food waste and utilize home and garden composting systems.
Our 2023 workshop schedule will be released in March
We offer weekly volunteer opportunities for individuals, small groups, and school and corporate groups interested in supporting their local community and learning more about sustainable urban agriculture.
Volunteer hours are Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 9 am- 12 pm. Volunteers generally support one or more of the following tasks:
- Harvesting, washing, and packing fresh produce
- Preparing beds for planting
- Planting seeds and seedlings
- General farm maintenance and cleanup
- Maintaining our compost systems